Saturday, November 18, 2017

Dreaming in Red?

Do you dye your hair? I've never once, dyed my hair. I've thought about it. I've bought hair dye. I've chickened out. Taken it back to the store. I've asked my friend...who does this for a living. And I've always chickened out!

I'm getting older. The whites show more and more. And for the first time, I'm honestly considering it. Like I have an entire folder of pics...saved! 

Here are some of my favs! Some not too different from my own hair. Other colors are bold. Things that I like. But wonder if I can pull them off...


First off, would be a color similar to my own. I even like the hair cut too. This would be something not too crazy. 


I also like this color. The one on the right. I like how there is a variety of color. And movement. And it's not too bold. Or crazy. More on the natural side, of hair color.


I also enjoy this look. Dark hair overall. With just a touch of red. Enough to be interesting. But not so much, that it's scary. Do you know what I mean? Some of the colors I've seen lately, scare me!!! This, not so much. I also like the darkness. I feel like this would be nice for Fall and Winter. 


This color...would be best in the Spring or Summer. I like it. But it would take a lot for me...to really commit to.


Red hair. I know. Stop. Take a breath. I've ALWAYS wanted red hair! For years and years, my once black hair, would naturally lighten in the summer. And I'd get the most amazing red highlights. It's been a good 10 years, since it last happened. My hair is now, a basic brown. But I'd LOVE red hair!

My Dad had red hair. Long before I came along. And I've always wanted red hair. Not orange hair. Not carrot hair. But red hair. Deep red. Like this.

But then I get scared. And think, can I pull it off. Would I maintain it? Would I look like a clown? There are a handful of people in my family, with red hair. And they pull it off amazingly well. Me? I'm scared to death!


Drew's hair. Is much more wearable. In a darker color family. And I adore it. Like bought dye, this color, at least 10 times. In the last 5 years. And then I take it back to the store...


But time and time again, this is the color I'm drawn too. Deep and rich. I just wonder...can my skin color handle it? I adore this color! And wish, that I would have the guts to do something this dramatic.

Maybe I just need to get drunk or something. This coming from the gal, that doesn't even drink the wine at church! :) But for real, I'd love to color my hair this color. Now, in the Fall. 

Then my other fear is, completely ruining my hair. Where would I go? Could I manage doing it at home? What is the maintenance like? I barely get my hair cut, every other year.

This is what I deal with. Being ridiculously indecisive. But I think about this, on the daily. I also panic...that I'll look like Bozo the Clown. Any suggestions?

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment