Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This has been a FULL week. I also have to admit...I haven't been the best at taking pictures. There is so much life to live. That sometimes, snapping a pic, is too much! So I may have stolen a few...from Facebook. :)


No matter what, I've enjoyed this week. Lots of family time. Lots of smiles, laughs, and celebrating. I don't think, you could ask for anything else! Let's get started with this week's Friday Favorites!


 1. September Girls' Night. We barely snuck this one in. But I'm so glad we did. I truly enjoy, spending time with my family. And a monthly Girls' Night? You can't go wrong with that!

We had a few new faces. And a few less. But it was a fun night. I'm so glad, my sister could make it. I don't think many, knew her before. And Jeannette, seemed to really enjoy herself.

It's just a fun night, to get together. Have fun. Play a few games. Eat. And laugh. A LOT! It's just a different environment, from our usual. No one has to worry about hungry or tired kiddos. Hosting a party. Or anything like that. It's just time for fun.

I'd been dropping hints on Facebook...for well over a year. Trying to get some of us together. A Recipe Club. Supper Club. Let's just Get Together Club. My friends and I, used to do this all the time! ALL. THE. TIME!!! Sometimes, it was nothing more than meeting at Starbucks. Mostly it was time for my girlfriends to get away from their hubbys and kiddos. And for me? I needed a break from the hospital.

So I was very glad, when my cousin organized all the shenanigans for us. We've met 3 months in a row. And each time has been a little different. Different faces come every time. It's just a nice night out. My only complaint this month...I lost my ID. And couldn't watch the Karaoke Shenanigans. Oh well...


 2. Yummy Burgers. On Friday Night. AKA Girls' Night. I got the yummiest burger. For anyone that knows me, knows that burgers have a soft spot in my heart. Also, I'm always a little skeptical, about trying a new restaurant. And who can screw up a burger?

Anyway, I got a guacamole burger. Two of my favorites...rolled into one. Bonus, it came with bacon. What? Ya, it was a nice little treat. And honestly, I'm sorta anxious to go again. You know, to get another. :)

From the group, they said the food was really good. My Mom got enchiladas. My sister got some sort of burrito. But my burger, I truly think it was the winner. My sister was still talking about it on Sunday.


 3. Saturday Morning Shenanigans. I LOVE Saturday mornings! We get to hang out with our Growers' Market family. And although the weather was overcast. With rain and thunder threatening. ALL. MORNING. LONG! I just enjoy being at the Market.

The little guy on the swing, is our Market Neighbor. The sweetest little guy! His momma made that swing. She make the most amazing wooden toys and cutting boards. And all the kiddos know, to come to this tree. To play on the swing.

My little buddy here, was the sunshine of our day. It sprinkled on and off all morning. Until the big storm hit around 10AM. This guy, just kept on swinging. Smiling away. Waving to me, from across the sidewalk. What am I going to do, when the Market ends?


 4. Smurf Birthday Party. After we left the Market early, on Saturday...we headed to JoAnns. I know! But we were in the area. And had about an hour to waste...before my cousins' Smurf Birthday party.

It was the cutest Birthday party! All the food was so yummy. Those cupcakes...yum! I wonder where they got them. The company was great. It was just a really nice way to spend our afternoon.

I got quite a few questions on Inst. And I don't really have any answers. My cousin planned this party, for her girls. And I'm not sure where she got her decorations. Or how she made a lot of the stuff. But it was super cute! Happy Birthday Amorae and Myla!


 5. Sunday Family Time. We had so much planned on Sunday. And we were exhausted. I think in the end, my Mom and I planned to go to church and breakfast with my sister. But our plans changed. We still went to church. And had a yummy breakfast with my sister. But we also went to the graveyard. And to my cousin's fundraiser.

Basically, I think my Mom just toughed it out. Because my Grandma was going to be there. And I know my Momma was hurting on Sunday. But it was so nice to see my Grandma. During the season, we are so busy. And unfortunately, visiting my Grandma...falls a little off of our radar.

But Sunday was a fun day. I got to chat with my cousins. And a good friend. Got to get lots of time, with her littles. Which is ALWAYS a bonus! And we got to support a good cause.


 6. Vet Time. After our weekend shenanigans, we went home. To our furry pals. Bathed them. And prepped them both, for a day at the vet. Ugh! It's so hard to send them away...

Belle had to have anesthesia. To clean her teeth. And Sweetheart was going for a Comprehensive Exam. If you have a dog, I'd totally recommend getting the Banfield plan. After the first visit, it pays for itself. 

What I like about them is, they assign you one vet. You know how you have a doctor? They get a vet. So all of your scheduled appointments, are with that vet. You get to know them. So does your dog. And they get to know you and your furry friend. 

I also enjoy, that they take care of everything! EVERYTHING!!! I set up my account, to have the payment taken out monthly. The staff schedules appointments. Sends me reminders. Calls before the appointment. To make sure we know what is going on. And if we have to prep our girls. After the appointment, they call for about 3 days. To check on your pet.

It is awesome. If you follow on Inst, you saw how excited our dogs were, to go to the vet. They LOVE it! We dropped them off at 7:30AM. By 9AM, they called to let me know Sweetheart had an ear infection. And Belle was recovering. We picked them up by 2PM. 


 7. Recovery Time. Tuesday was all about recovery. In our house. Monday evening was full of fun. Sweetheart wouldn't take an oral med at the vet. So I had to give it to her. There may have been 5 treats involved...but she finally took it!

Belle's little leg, was bleeding. So they tied it a little tighter. And told me to take off the bandage, before bed. She was not allowing it. It was like her badge of courage. And she was so gas-y all night long! Pretty miserable. Poor babe. We cuddled the night away.

So Tuesday morning, I was trying to get her band aid off. She was playing dead. And Sweetheart wouldn't leave my Mom's side. I think we spend the entire morning, working on crafts. Right there...on the couch. With these two connected to us!


 8. Tuesday Night Dinner. Because we were swamped on Tuesday. Trying to catch up on orders...I decided to take my Mom out to dinner. At Golden Pride. My Mom LOVES their fried chicken. The ribs are ALWAYS amazing!

It had been a rough day at home. I was trying to finish an order, make some stuff for our stash, and work on a birthday present. My Mom was also working on another order. And our 2 fur babes, wouldn't leave our laps.

So when we left the house, a little on the rough side, we figured we wouldn't see a soul! You know, that we knew. Halfway through our yummy meal, our friend from church walks in. What was she thinking, when we saw us? Oh well...dinner was amazing!


 9. Finished Orders. My Mom finished this order, late Tuesday night. And I was getting a little worried, when I couldn't get in touch with the lady. When we got to the Market on Wednesday, I called a few more times. Then figured...oh well!

About 10AM, she came running through the grass. So excited to see her dolls! That ALWAYS puts a smile on my face! To see someone so happy, to get their orders. And to see them, so happy!

The lady was so excited! So was my Mom. She put in quite a few hours. Working on these 3 dolls. And we also got a few more orders, from the same lady. Win-win-win!


10. Sweetheart Snuggles. when we got home Wednesday, our dogs were waiting for us. We'd left the house around 6AM. And didn't return until almost 6PM. It was a looong day! Growers' Market, lunch, and wondering around Hobby Lobby. You know...a typical Wednesday.

But when we walked through the door, this sweet face was ready for cuddles. That doesn't come often. So while my Mom was watching the news and Belle was exploring the yard...we snuggled.

This girl can be so loving. And shows such promise. At times. So you have to enjoy it, while it lasts. I really do love her. And I know, it's not her fault. You know, that she has issues. Just know, when you rescue a pup...they have a history. And you just have to love them, through all their problems.


11. My Shotgun Rider. Thursday morning, was s super gloomy day! We all slept in late. And I wasn't in the mood, to cook. I know. What is wrong with the world? So I took Belle on a "Bye-bye."

She just LOVES being in the car. And she was enjoying her new clothes. Not to mention, she was finally feeling better. We played a little Bruno Mars, cruised over the bridge, and picked up breakfast and coffee for my Momma.

Total bonus...was the gift card that I used. Am I the only one that enjoys a good giftcard? Breakfast on my friends!


12. Thursday Night Birthday Parties. My little cousin turned 2 this week. And her birthday party was last night. I mean, how cute is she! I might not have been able to finish her birthday present in time. But I could give up Grey's Anatomy for the night.

She really is the cutest thing. And I do enjoy a birthday party. The food is always delish! And you get to have sweets. A total bonus, is that it is on Thursday evening. You know, our weekends are already crazy! So to spread out the parties...is always a win! Happy Birthday Olivia!

Let's not forget the good chats. You know, when you see people...that you haven't seen in forever! I always enjoy catching up with friends and family. Grey's will just have to wait until today. Total bonus...I was home by 8Pm. In my PJs, with a full belly!


13. Party Decorations. Shall we chat about decorations? My cousin always has the cutest decorations! Her parties are so cute. I mean, did you see Olivia's cute outfit? Yeah, I about died when I saw the pics on Facebook.

But her party, just had me thinking. About our upcoming Tea Party Fundraiser. T minus 4 months. I LOVED the look of her decorations. And it's the direction I was already leaning in.

But the sweet treats...they were so yummy! I wonder where she got her cookies, cupcakes, and cake? Yum! And the Rise Krispie treats, weren't too sweet. LOVED that! So much inspiration. I might have also said...I wanted a birthday party this year. :)


14. Doggie Birthday Parties. Yup, you read that right. Miss Belle is turning 2...on Saturday. Which means, we must party! I always think, I should invite people. You know, I go to a million kids' parties. Why not? Include a little note...with her favorite food, treats, and doggie size. 

But I haven't been brave enough. And I wanted something simple. So late last night, I went to Wal-Mart. I was sad, not to really find a big selection of items. I was looking forward to a Barn Animal Party. But they didn't have the supplies. Oh well...

I think Belle will just enjoy the food, treats, and toys. What else can a dog ask for? Bonus...the cupcakes go with her outfit. Yes, you read that right! My dog has a birthday outfit. And a hat! :)


15. Pray For Las Vegas. Sunday Night, my heart sank. Just to hear all the sad news. I've traveled there so much! Performing and such. It just killed my heart. Please keep all of those innocent people in your prayers. It's going to be a long recovery. Pray for the lives lost. And the ones, that will have to carry this night...with them forever.

Folks, I've got to get going. So much to do today. Baking, party planning, wrapping presents, finishing presents, and getting ready for 2 Markets this weekend. I hope you had a GREAT week. And an even better weekend! Happy Friday!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment