Saturday, October 28, 2017

Let's Braid This Thing!

So I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. Not going to lie here, it's mostly hate. But that is probably due, to my skill level. You know, if I could get my friend, to come a do my hair on the daily...I'd be set!

But we live 3 hours away from each other. She has 3 kids. And really, where do I go? But I've definitely gotten into a funk. With my hair. It's this messy thing, on top of my head. I can't even call it a bun. Or a twist. Honestly, it's me semi wrapping my hair in a rubber band. And slapping a mini clip on the back. To hold all this madness in place!

On a day, that I might have some extra time...I braid the front section. Make things a little neater. But it's not often. And it's nothing too crazy. Once in a while, I'll make 2 braids.

But recently, a friend of mine has been coming to the Market, with her cute little braids. Looking all done. Because a braid does that. I just haven't mastered the braid, while wearing my hair down. So like any other 30 something year old...I took to YouTube.

And after hours of watching, I found a channel that I like. And about 100 hairdos, that I want to try. First, I'm going to focus on these braids...


My normal braid, is something like the second, Then I throw all my hair up. But I'm sorta in love with the 3rd and 4th options. I've never been able to braid my hair like this. More in a reverse, kind of braid. I NEED some serious practice!

Mrs. Turner was very good, at braiding with my hair. Just like this. I have dark hair. And I feel like a regular braid, kind of just blends in. Gets lost in the mix. Something like this, gives a little texture. A little interest.

Maybe I'll get some time to practice. Not this weekend. We're sooo busy! But real soon. I'm in such a hair slump. And desperately need some help! Besides, I may have gotten sucked into Missy Sue's videos. All of a sudden, I think I'm some sort of expert braider. Let's see when I actually get to practicing.

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment