Monday, May 14, 2018

Eating in HOT Weather

Hey Guys! I'm so exhausted today. We had a busy weekend. Crazy busy! I hosted a dinner for my Mom's birthday Friday. We were at the Growers' Markets, both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was my Mom's birthday. And we went to a BBQ for my cousin's birthday. Of course, we can't forget Mother's Day yesterday!

So I'm a little on the tired side today. Like, I want to stay in bed all day long! But life moves forward. And I have a list of things to complete. First up, what are we eating? I need to do some grocery shopping.


Monday:
Easy peasy! We are having tacos and rice tonight. It's super easy. And fast! Oh, and we scored some free, grass fed beef on Saturday. Yay, for Farmer Friends!

Tuesday:
Some sort of salad. With chicken. I made one last Thursday. It was so good. And perfect for this HOT weather!

Wednesday:
We're going to watch my little cousin, play softball. So I'm thinking...ballpark hot dogs! Maybe some nachos. Because there is nothing like going to the Little League Fields...and eating from the concession stands. :)

Thursday:
I want to grill. It's fast. Easy. And there is minimum clean up. Also, Grey's has it's season finale. So I'm thinking shrimp kabobs. Maybe some rice pilaf. Definitely some grilled veggies!

Friday:
We're off from the Markets this week. Maybe we'll go out. To Chili's. Yum! The 3 for $10 Commercials are killing me! The food looks so yummy!

Saturday:
My cousin and her wife work at one of our local hospitals. And they are having Family Night at our Zoo. So my Mom and I are joining them. :) Dinner was really good last year. We went. So I'm excited! Family, Zoo Fun, and yummy food!!!

Sunday:
Thinking about grilling again. Or a light pasta. Something light and fast. So we can dine alfresco.

As far as recipes I want to try. I'm looking more, for lighter items. I've been sick for weeks. And the heavy proteins, are just too much right now. It's also crazy HOT out here. And it's barely May...

I want to try this salad. It just sounds yummy. And I LOVE strawberries!!! And you can never go wrong with a Greek Salad. This Mediterranean Pasta sounds amazing too! Spinach and Tomato Pasta sounds like a winner too! Lastly, this pasta dish sounds like a perfect Sunday night dinner! Yum!

Like always, if you know of a yummy recipe I should try. Let me know. Please leave me a comment or link. I LOVE to try new things! Happy Monday!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment