Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone! It's time for this week\s Friday Favorites. Hope you had a good week. I know mine, just flew by! And I'm excited to get this weekend started!


As usual, I'm linking up to some of my favorite blogs. Hope you do too! I love to read, these kind of posts. 


 1. Sleep. As crazy as it sounds, this week I was so HAPPY to sleep! It's been crazy around here lately. And I've not been taking care of myself. So sleep was welcomed with open arms. Late afternoon naps, with a certain pup...were just what I needed this week!


 2 . Time with friends. I have a ton of friends. But over the last few years, I don't take much time for them. It's a sad situation. I know. And I HATE it! But it is, what it is.

Well, this week...we met some friends for lunch. Just a little time to talk, laugh, and eat yummy food. Oh, and hangout with my favorite kindergartner!

It also reminded me, that my Mom and I need some time to just breathe. Last week was absolutely crazy! And we get so caught up in orders, Markets, and all that...that we honestly forget to just enjoy life. Tuesday, we just got to enjoy a little down time. The view was pretty incredible too!


 3. Good food. Along the lines of all our craziness...we haven't really been eating well. Until Monday. When we made dinner. And then shared food with our friends, on Wednesday. My Mom made a pot of green chili stew. It was so yummy!

Then came my favorite meal of the week. Thursday night dinner! All the veggies , except the carrots and mushrooms, came from my friend Tino. You should really go visit him at one of the Growers' Markets. His produce is amazing!

I chopped, sliced, and diced veggies. Added some tilapia. And everything went into foil packs...on the grill! It was AMAZING! And we had practically, no clean up. Win-win! Wish I had made more. So I could have enjoyed leftovers today.


 4. The Busbys. They just make me smile. Every single week, I look forward to their show. I watch a ton of reality shows. But OutDaughtered, is my favorite. Right now. Just feel good TV. Lots of laughs. And those babes! Especially little Hazel.


 5. My latest project. My cousin ordered these foot rattles. For her grandson. I had the best time, trying to figure them out. I hope they like them. I'll see them tonight. I have plans, for future sets. Making the balls, into little animals and such. And that little wooden car, was a Railyards score. Super cute! I picked up a couple, for presents.



 6. Back to school. This time of year, always feels so special. My Dad used to make going to school, a magical time. With brand new school supplies. Pens of every color! Anything to make, me smile. And start the school off, on a good foot.

But honestly, I just think of my Dad. How he'd get excited. Later in my life, we'd put together backpacks. With school supplies. And find families that needed them. He'd be getting the business ready for a new school year. So excited! He lived, for the beginning of school.

So this time of year, reminds me of my Dad. Which makes me smile. On Monday, when school started. I watched the kids heading to the bus stop. Because it's right by our house. All the kids, lugging their supplies. Half asleep. And when they came home, they looked exhausted. But were so excited. A couple stopped by, I was looking for something in my car. And showed me pictures that they had colored. :)


7. Naked Nails. I have way more nail polish...than any human should. No lie! So I decided at the beginning of the summer, to make the effort. Polish my nails, at least once a week. And you know what? I've been doing pretty well.

When the summer began, I started polishing my nails. At least once a week. Honestly, I got into a real good groove...twice a week. If it was a special week, 3 times. I was working my way, through my collection. Then this week happened...

I've had naked nails all week! I really tried to get it together last night. But it still didn't happen. I pulled out these 5 colors. Was trying to decide what was fun...and still summery.

But I fell asleep. Last night. And we have a busy weekend. So I'll be sporting naked nails until Monday. I hope to be motivated when Monday rolls around. Because I was on a good streak. And my collection...needs me to use it!

If you are wondering about the nail polish in the picture...here we go. Left to right. Orly's Passion Fruit. It's the best hot pink for summer. Salon Perfect in Go Granny Apple. It's a fun green color. I like to wear it in August and September. When the weather is starting to change. Next is China Glaze, Turned Up Turquoise. Hands down, one of my favorite colors! OPI Cajun Shrimp. A fun orange color. Lastly, OPI Do You Have This Color In Stockholm. Another color, that I grab quite often. Because I really do love purple!


8. Pink Sunset. I got this as a prize, last month. We went to a Baby Shower. And I won this lotion and the body spray. I wasn't sure about the scent. But was happy to have the matching set. Being that I won 2 different games.

You know what? I LOVE this! It's summery. Without being citrus. The perfect amount of scent. Without being over the top. It's watermelon and coconut scented. But it's not over powering. To me, it just smells like summer. On a beach. I need to buy, about 10 more bottles of the body spray. :)


 9. Cowboy Boots. Since I hurt my back a few weeks ago, I decided to start wearing my boots. More often. It just helps my back. Weird I know. But it works. And that's all I need to know. Besides, it makes me happy...to put any of my Cowboy boots on!


10. Beauty and the Beast. I've had this soundtrack, on repeat. All week! Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite...since I can remember. When I was in 3rd grade, I even decorated my room...in Beauty and the Beast. So this have been a fun distraction. You know, while I work through all my crochet orders.

Well, I got to go. We are selling at an event this morning. And have a birthday party, tonight. The start to a very busy weekend! With lots of Family Time. My favorite kind of weekend!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment