Monday, February 26, 2018

The Week with Salads and Birthday Cake

Can't believe it's already Monday! The last few days have been so full! We have some plans this week. So I'm not sure about meal planning. But let's take a shot at it.


Monday:
We're going to meet some friends today. For a Vendors' Lunch. So I take it, we'll still be full for lunch.

Tuesday:
I'm thinking tacos. We rarely eat tacos on Tuesday. But this week, it's Taco Tuesday! And rice.

Wednesday:
Chili and beans sounds yummy! It's supposed to be cold that day. And well, in my book you can't go wrong.

Thursday:
Good question. I'm not sure. Yet...

Friday:
We go to our Church"s Fish Fry. But I do make a dessert to take. I'm thinking some sort of trifle.

Saturday:
Who knows? Maybe breakfast for dinner? Brinner. I enjoy that!

Sunday:
We have a birthday party to go to. So party food it is! I always love the birthday cake...at the birthday parties my cousin has. The fruit too! So I'm a little anxious. :)

Now to things I want to try out...

I saw this recipe a few week's ago. I'm thinking of giving it a try. I mean, how can you go wrong with shrimp and pasta? I'm not a huge lemon fan, but it's worth a try. I also like the addition of the spinach.

Our oven is still out. We decided to wait until the Spring. And just buy a new stove. We're waiting, so we can buy 3 or 4 appliances at once. You know how they have all the specials? So until then it's bakeless desserts and Crockpot cooking. I'm thinking of making these cookies. For our Friday Night Fish Fry. I like to make some sort of dessert to take. That way people get a free dessert. :)

Lastly, I've been trying to lighten things up over here. So I've been eating more salads. I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try. I also have 5 boxes of orzo sitting in our pantry. Just begging to be used!

What are you eating this week? And what recipes should I try. I always like trying a few new things a week.

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment