Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Crafts: Boy Edition

I'm always stumped, when it comes to boy stuff. Always! A couple of years ago, we were invited to a birthday party. For some Twin Boys. I had no clue. So I went to the toy department, and asked some boys...that were about their ages. And when they suggested a toy, I bought it. Times two!

But at the Growers' Markets, I always find this to be difficult. I mean, we don't have many little boys in our family. My friends don't have many boys either. So I struggle with what to make. My Mom has been sewing tons of boy items. Like little shirts, boys rompers, and sunhats. So adorbs! 

Me? I'm completely stumped. So I took to my prized Google. And did a little search. I mean, the Market opens in just over a week! I need some boy items. Let's take a look at what I found...


 1. First up, this cute airplane. These would be fun to make. Just some popsicle sticks, a clothes pin, and a little piece of wood. You could paint them all sorts of fun colors. I'm seriously debating this one!


 2. This onesie is so cute! And wouldn't take too much to make. My Mom already does some cute onesies with matching diaper covers. But I like this one. Solely because of the tie!


 3. These little superhero capes...have been on our list forever! We bought some fabric last year. I just need to cut it out. And figure out an emblem to sew on the back. Oh...and make a mask. :)


 4. How about a dinosaur? Do all boys love a dinosaur? Just wondering. Is it something universal...like playing with cars? I like this little guy. 


  5. I also like these monsters. I mean, you could have all sorts of fun, designing them. This is my kind of craft. Because you can change the basic monster, just by making the face different. Slightly different eyes...or a silly mouth. Now I want to make an army of monsters! I think these would be good, for a toddler.


  6. How about a tool belt? This is sorta like some of our girl items, that we make. You make the item, and buy stuff...to bring it to life. Has anyone seen some moderately priced play tools? Because this could be fun!


 7. This car mat is also fun! I already crochet a car mat. And the BOYS love them! I had a customer last year, that probably bought 5 during the season. It was her go-to birthday present for little boys. I like that this one also has a place for the little cars to go.


 8. This car mat is also cute. I like that the little garage, is a series of pockets. I believe this is also a roll-up version. And easy enough, for me to sew. I'm not a great sewer...like my Mom. So I like to keep my projects simple. With lots of straight lines. :)


 9. OMG! A little wallet. You wouldn't believe how many kiddos come to the Growers' Markets with their allowance. Ready to spend. And how many parents are freaking out! That those littles, are going to lose said money. I'm always picking up random scrunched up dollar bills...and chasing the littles down, that dropped them. 

I think this would be perfect. For both boys and girls. And it looks pretty simple to make. You could probably use up, quite a bit of scrap fabric too!


10. On to crochet things. My forte! I think this little overall set is too cute! I've been searching out a pattern. But haven't found what I like. Maybe I just need to sit down and create my own. It shouldn't be too hard. But darn, this is cute!


11. So are these shoes! I struggle so much, with boy stuff. But I think these would be a perfect set. Very boyish. And cute. All rolled into one!


12. We make a ton of toys! All year long. It's the one thing, we never really stop making. I think this little bowling set, would be pretty cute. Something similar, to our tea set for the girls.


13. Like I said, we make a lot of toys. All. Year. LONG!!! And we make a ton of dolls. But I had never thought of a boy doll before. Until a friend of ours, recently bought her grandson...wait for it...a Boy Baby Alive. I had never seen them before.

But when you have a big sister, who is obsessed with dolls...it's only normal, to want your own. So why not? I'm going to have to figure out a pattern. Or go searching on Etsy for one. Is it a pretty common thing? For a younger brother, to want a boy doll?


14. Robots. I mean, you can't go wrong. Boy or girl. Change up the colors...and I think they'd be fun. These look like a smaller version. Under 8 inches. Which I like. I like a smaller toy. For 2 reasons. One, the kids can more easily play with it. Two, it doesn't cost as much to make. So you don't have to charge as much either.

Anyway, I have a pattern. From a book. For a large robot. About 12-18 inches. Depending on your gauge. But I'm looking for a smaller pattern. Just because. I really need to get to digging on Etsy. :)


15. Lastly, we have this dragon. I bought a book to make crochet dinosaurs. About a year ago. Thinking they'd be perfect. But they are HUGE! Which makes them an expensive item. And I like to have items, at every one's price points.

So I'm looking for smaller toys like this. I just think he is so cute! And a really good size. Now to figure out, where this pic came from...the story of my life!!!

Do you have boys? Do you know boys? Can you help me with what boys like? I'd love any sort of suggestion. Because I'm always at a loss. I know my car mats sell well. So do my Super Heroes. And Ami Guys. But other than that, what should I make. 

We're even welcoming suggestions for my Momma. She has some cute things, that she sews. But we quickly run out of ideas. Girls are easy. So easy! We have so many in our family. But we could definitely use your help, in the boy department. Happy Tuesday!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment