Monday, April 9, 2018

Eating...During a Busy Week

Happy Monday! How was every one's weekend? I'm so tired. We had a busy weekend. Not that we did a lot. But that we just kept busy. I'm so ready to take a nap...

But on to our week. In food. I was talking to my cousin on Saturday...and sorta realized I've been slacking. In the cooking department. So I'm really going to try and make an effort this week. Even though, it's going to be a busy week!


Monday:
I need to go get my Driver's License. On-going. For like a month now! After all the headache...we're probably going to grab a bite to eat. Don't judge me! Just pray for me. I need my Driver's License!

Tuesday:
Don't judge me again. I'm not making excuses. But Tuesday is going to be a full day too. I'm going to help a friend, get ready for the Growers' Market. She needs me to help her make labels. And we have a dog, that needs to go visit her new home. Oh, and my little cousin's softball game. So I'm thinking Taco Tuesday. Somewhere. Maybe we'll pickup Little Anita's on the way!

Wednesday:
My other little cousin's birthday is on Wednesday. And we were invited to go have dinner with them. At Cici's. Anyone else love that place? We never go. But we might. If not...I'm thinking grilled chicken and a salad. Yum! That sounds really good.

Thursday:
We are working hard for the Opening Day at the ABQ Downtown Growers' Market. So I'm thinking, we need to work on our projects. Not do a crazy meal. Thursday sounds like a good day, to have a veggie pasta. I made one last night. With a salad. And it was perfect! We had Angel Hair pasta last night. So I'm thinking a penne pasta...with lots of fresh veggies. Zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, spinach, and tomatoes.

Friday:
The end of the week! Grilling sounds like a good option. Chicken, a baked potato, corn on the cob. Maybe even a fresh salad! Because who wants to do a ton of dishes...at the end of the week!

Saturday:
We would have survived the day at the Growers' Market! And probably eaten a ton too! Because they have such yummy food! I'm thinking we might eat beans and chili. Maybe I can convince my Momma to make some tortillas too. :)

Sunday:
Party Day for us! My other little cousin's 1st Birthday party is on Sunday. And we are going to go watch a friend, play a concert. So we don't have to worry too much about food. I'm trying folks. But with a full schedule...what can you do?

As for food I'm thinking of trying this week...well there is a lot that I want to try. This simple avocado salad sounds so good. With a piece of grilled chicken. Maybe on Friday.

Over the weekend, my cousin had us over. And she made the BEST stuffed mushrooms. She sorta gave me the recipe. And I want to make some. But I also did a quick search, and found this recipe. Which also sounds amazing! Except I wouldn't put clams. Maybe I'd sub diced mushrooms, to make them all veggie. Or add a little sausage.

Lastly, I was looking at this post, about stoned fruit. Grilled stoned fruit! And I want to make it all! So I'll be looking for some yummy fruit. To try something like this. When I lived alone, I used to grill fruit all the time. I'd top it with a little heavy cream, ice cream, or even yogurt. Yum! I can already taste it.

What's on your menu this week? Have you come across any tasty recipes? Should I be making something...that I'm not. Let me know!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment