Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! I'm extra excited today. Because it's officially Fall! Oh how I love Fall! I bet you've been reading that a lot lately. Spring is my favorite season. But Fall...y'all I love it! I love to cook, bake, and decorate...all for Fall!

Anyway, back to today's post. I still can't believe it's Friday. It's been such a looong week! And I'm so exhausted! We have an early start to our day...so I better get going on this!


If you play along, please leave your link. I love to read everyone's posts. Don't you like to look into everyone's favorites too?


 1. Farm Animals. Last Friday, I took my Mom to the State Fair. We'd been the Sunday before. But this was more well planned. And at a much more leisurely pace. First up, was going to look at the animals. My Mom's favorite part of the State Fair.

We went to the barn. And got to see all kinds of cute animals. There were no lines. And hardly any people. But there were tons of kids, from the FFA. To show off all the cute animals. You should have seen the baby sheep! They were 2 weeks old!

But the ram always has a soft place, in our hearts. When I was about 13, my nephew brought a ram to us. It was his. But he didn't have a place for him. So we watched the Ram. For over a year? And got so attached. Now every time we see a ram...we think of Ramsy!


 2. Playing Like Kids. When we left the barn, we saw some kiddos eating popsicles. And my Momma wanted to go visit the McDonald farm. I took her wheelchair to make it easier. And when we stumbled on the farm, they asked us to go through the farm. It was a little challenging. You know, with a wheelchair. But we managed.

The average age of the participants...was about 4 years old. No lie! When we finished up, we got a popsicle. And you know what? My mind was blown! I never knew about banana flavored popsicles. They just might be my favorite.

We spent all afternoon, wondering about. Having lunch in that area of the fair. Going to watch the singing Cowboy. And checking out the Pig Races. Oh...and watching them milk cows. Like we'd never seen that before. For real. Every single time...we just have to sit and watch for an hour!


 3. Indian Village Favorites. Then it was time for dinner. We were starved! Why? Who knows! All we had done was eat. So we went to the Indian Village. My Mom had been wanting lamb. And they don't serve lamb burgers any more. Do other people eat them? Just wondering... My Momma did find one in the Indian Village. And then wished she had ate, Mutton Stew. My taco was gigantic! I didn't finish it all. But it was so yummy!


 4. Fashion Show. We looked around the Village some more. Looked at all the beautiful jewelry. I LOVE it all! And watched a Fashion Show. The pieces were gorgeous! Then we spent the rest of the night, in the Villa Hispana. Listening to music. 

It was such good music! And we didn't want it to end. I think we finally got home, right before midnight. Because when we left the Al Hurricane Tribute...we stumbled on a Country Concert. Because the Rodeo had just gotten out. 

I will say, I finally encountered a nice person. A Cowboy saw me struggling to get my Mom up the ramp, in the tunnel. He came to my rescue...and pushed her all the way to the top. Then offered to help us to our car. Chivalry isn't dead after all!


 5. More Hats. Even with everything going on, I managed to finish a bunch of hats this week. Out of all of them, I really thought these frog hats were so cute! I tagged them, and added them to our stash. I still have about 10 to sew together.


 6. Struggling Saturdays. Saturday we were struggling something fierce! We were exhausted! And I just couldn't get it together. My Mom fell asleep in her chair. And I swear to you, that we were counting the seconds to go home!

But our friend and neighbor Jay, was set up next to us. And his soap smells so amazing! They were labeling it. And I was dying, over the scents! I want to buy 10 of each. :)

When we left, I went home and ate a sandwich. Then I fell asleep. Around 2PM. I didn't wake up until well after 7AM. And we barely made it to church. I was so tired!


 7. More Fair Fun! Sunday we didn't have too many plans. Actually, we had planned to go to the Fair again. We had one more 2 for 1 ticket. But we were kind of dragging. And to be honest, had we not had those tickets...I don't think we would have gone.

But I loaded up the wheelchair. Packed a bag. And got some drinks. Because I don't mind paying for food. But $4 for a bottle of water...heck no! We just spent the day taking it easy.

And the only thing that my Mom really wanted to do...revolved around food. She wanted a Nutty Buddy. And it probably took an hour to find one. Only one place, was selling them. We sat and ate...while we watched the old cars.


 8. Ruby Slippers. We also spent a good amount of time, in the Floral Exhibit. There was so much to see in there! With the most gorgeous blooms! This year's theme was the Wizard of Oz. I just LOVED all the red shoes with flowers. These ones, cracked me up with the red and green chili.


 9. State Fair 2017. This year's State Fair was fun. We got an amazing deal on tickets. And just took it easy! We went 3 days...and stayed until almost midnight all 3 days! There was so much good entertainment. And yummy food. Let's not forget all the fun memories. 

Most of all, it was about having fun with my Momma. I have so many good memories, of the State Fair. My parents always made it a good experience. And as I've gotten older, I've thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with my parents. 

It was kind of sad, Sunday night. Seeing the Fair come to an end. And we may have stopped at one last concert. Just to listen to some more music. I can't wait until next year. I might actually remember, to get a good picture of my Momma. Not just one, of her listening to some music...right before we left. :)


10. Finished Blankets. I've been working on this blanket...for what seems like forever! I finally finished it! I had taken it with me to the State Fair on Sunday. And finished it up, while I was listening to the music.

And it's a good thing! I sold it to my cousin on Monday. For her friend. And I also made, a matching hat. I really like this yarn. It's from Caron. And I'm hoping to find it again.

It's not the softest. But the colors are gorgeous! I just adore how it came out. And was so happy, to see how happy Jessie was. I hope baby girl enjoyed it too!


11. Pretty Sunrise. Because we sell at various Growers' Markets, we get to see the most GORGEOUS sunrises! We stopped for gas, on our way to the Market on Wednesday. This picture doesn't even begin to show how beautiful the sunrise was! By the time we got to the Market, the sky was lit up in pink!


12. State Fair Buys. Lastly, I was going through my backpack earlier this week. And found my purchases from the State Fair. I really wasn't in the market to buy anything. But I found some good deals. And just couldn't say no.

We are involved in our local Dia de los Muertos Celebration every year. And over the last few years, I've grown to LOVE using eyeliner. You know, to draw on my makeup. After I paint my face white. And I find it hard, to find a variety of colors. I stumbled on a shop, that had these eyeliners, 2 for $1. And since it's just for DDLM, it was a perfect buy!

The color payoff is pretty good. I also bought those 2 palettes, for my Goddaughter. She does Folklorico and Flamenco dancing. So they're always looking for some makeup for her. Nothing too crazy...she's just 11. I picked these up for her.

And I found some fun fans. For my Mom and I. She got a white one. And I just couldn't say no, to this polka dot fan. I LOVE polka dots. And purple!

I may have also bought a few pieces of jewelry. And talked to a Paparazzi salesperson. About either doing a show, at one of our Love for Blue fundraisers. Or becoming a rep myself. We shall see!


And just in case you forgot...Happy Fall! I'm so excited for the cooler temps. Boots, sweaters, hot tea, fun decorations, and crisp mornings. I feel a little more alive in Fall.

I better get going. I'm taking my Mom to the dentist today. So it will probably feel like the longest day of my life! And then we are going for flu shots. The fun of Adulting! Happy Friday!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment