Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday Favorites

And just like that, another week is in the books! How in the world, does Friday come so fast? This has been a week filled with friends, food, and lots of puppy cuddles!


Oh, and Happy September! I'm so excited to start decorating for Fall. Now I'm just waiting for the temps to start dropping. You know, so I can pull out my sweaters and boots. And start my Fall baking too. Yum!

Time to link up, with some of my favorite blogs. And highlight my week. It's been a full one. And one, that I didn't take many pictures. So this will be interesting...


 1. Cute Pups. Yup, it's been a fun week with these two. I've not been feeling well. Since Monday! Ugh! Hate when that happens. So I've spent lots of time, cuddling up, with my 2 favorite furry pals. It's been amazing!


 2. Handmade Gifts. And the special little girls, that go with them. One of my good friends, has the cutest granddaughter ever! So cute, she makes my uterus ache. OMG! If I could have one, just like her...I'd already be a Momma.

Anyway, it was her birthday a few weeks ago. And they invited us to her party. But that also happened to be, when I hurt my back. So we didn't go. And her present sat around our living room. Until I saw it Friday. And thought, her baby doll could use a little blanket.

I might have also heard, from a little birdie, that Sierra loves her baby dolls. And her purses. So I made her a matching purse. But failed to take a pic. All is good. Sweet girl, is having fun with her presents!


 3. Birthday Parties. Sweet Gabi, had her birthday party on Saturday. We rushed to pack up our shenanigans, at the Growers' Market. And headed to Peter Piper's. Time to celebrate!

A total bonus, getting to meet her cutie patootie baby brother! If you follow me on Instagram, then you saw his adorable picture. Oh my goodness! Sweet baby overload. I was dying! He is so cute!

We definitely enjoyed ourselves. And it was nice to have a cool place, to relax. After the Market. The best part, they sent us all home, with full bellies. And HUGE goodie bags. Yum, those treats were delish!


 4. Sunday Morning Shenanigans. We decided on Wednesday, to meet some friends. For breakfast burritos. Made by our other friend, Tino. And before heading to the park, my Mom and I stopped by Starbucks.

We have at least $60 in giftcards. And never go. Because I don't like coffee. But my friends have been raving about Starbucks tea. Ever since my favorite sugary drinks, were retired...I've avoided the place. But I'm in love with this tea! Like, can I go get another right this second?

And those burritos? They were so good! And HUGE! If you're local, and looking for a yummy breakfast on Sunday mornings...head to the Mile Hi Growers' Market. You will not be disappointed. Bonus, they have fresh agua frescas. And so much yummy produce!


 5. Green Chili. You can't be a true New Mexican, and not love the smell of green chili. Better yet, green chili roasting! I'm determined to take a video, of my friends roasting chili. Every single time, that roaster goes on, my brain goes nuts. And I forget all about the video.

For real, it's the first real sign, that Fall is on the way! I wish I could somehow bottle up the smell. You know, the way you want to bottle up the newborn baby smell. Or the new car smell.

Yeah, it's that good. Even better, a piece of hot chili, on a fresh tortilla. I swear to you, my mouth is watering right this second. Just thinking of it all! If you're looking for local green chili, let me know. I know a farmer!


 6. Good Views and Great Friends. So our Farmer friend has needed a little help lately. And since we don't have much else going on, we've been traveling around the city. Helping out wherever we can. My favorite spot this week? Right here. At the Presbyterian Admin Building. The view is AMAZING!

I mean, there are other Markets that I like much more. But this view. You can't beat it! In the middle of town, and you look up, to see these beautiful mountains. Such a blessing!

The crazy jokes all morning, were a total bonus! And hanging out with a bunch of friends, made for the best day! Even with everything going on in our lives, it is such a blessing, to be in this circle of friends. Helping out, when and where we can!


 7. Dark Chocolate. I think I forgot how much I LOVE these Midnight Milky Way bars. Seriously! Dark chocolate has my heart. But it can be bitter. These bars, are everything that I LOVE about dark chocolate.

And while we were all barely surviving the Wednesday Growers' Market...my Mom went on a little adventure. Returning with some sugary fuel. To get us to the magical hour of 1PM. When we pack up.

This was the best snack! And I'm adding these bad boys, to my grocery list. The little ones. Because a gal can never have too much chocolate. Especially dark chocolate!


 8. Food On The Go. Remember how I said, we've been on the go? Helping a friend. Well, on Thursdays, we head to the park. To help at another Growers' Market. It's super busy. And is right at dinner time.

So my Mom decided to cook for us. I literally had 5 people follow me. As I pushed this down the sidewalk. The makings of Indian Tacos. After the big rush of people,  we took turns having dinner. Nothing like sharing food, with good friends. Total bonus, was watching Miss Sierra tear into the beans. I should have gotten a picture!

People just don't understand, how you become a family. I mean, we are with each other at least 5 or 6 months out of the year. You see your friends, a few times a week. They give you food. You cook for them. You spend hours talking, laughing, and just hanging out together. Playing with the kiddos. Getting invested, in their family. So blessed, to have this Framily! Up next...homemade cinnamon rolls!


 9. Celebrate 31. That's right, I finally got to sit down...and enjoy some ice cream. Baseball nut to be exact. My favorite! Darn it was so good! And a nice way, to end our Thursday evening.

My parents just adored ice cream. I swear to you, they'd go eat ice cream every single night. During the Summer. And it didn't matter where. Sonic, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Baskin Robbins, in Old Town. They love the stuff!

So it's nice to take my Mom out now. And we got to reminisce about my Dad. While my Mom enjoyed her Butter Pecan. It's ALWAYS butter pecan. No matter what! If I buy ice cream at the store, there better be butter pecan and strawberry.


10. Hurricane Harvey. My heart has been a mess, all week long! I posted about it, yesterday. I've watched the coverage all week. Seriously, while I was curled up with my pups, I was watching the coverage. It didn't matter what channel...I was watching.

My heart, was so full yesterday. Watching everyone donate during ABC's Day of Giving. And reading all the awesome emails, from so many people. It just inspired me so much!

Stay tuned, to Two Crafty Hearts next week. I've been working on items. And hope to post them, on Friday. If you are local, I will pick a place...the following week to meet. If you purchase anything. And if you are not in the Albuquerque area, I'll be charging for shipping. Via USPS.

That's it, for last week. Mostly selling at various Growers' Markets. Lots of eating. And even more resting. Hoping this week, that I start to feel better. I have so much to do! And this weekend, we have a packed schedule. 5 parties on Sunday. Let's see what we can accomplish! Happy Friday!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment