Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Easter in the Making!

I can't believe that it's almost Easter! Where has the time gone? I swear, we just started Lent. And Sunday...is already Easter!

So as a single gal, I don't have to worry about making Easter baskets for littles. Although, a certain little pup...has a big 'ol present waiting for her. And I'll get my Mom something. I also put a little something in the mail, for my Goddaughters.

But I like to make stuff for the littles. And since we always spend Easter with my cousins, I was looking for some fun, fast, and cute bunny crafts. Last year, I made all the littles a washcloth bunny...and a bag of candy. But my little cousin was born on Easter, and we only ended up seeing a handful of the littles.

That has not put a damper on my Easter Spirit. I was out searching for ideas. I didn't post, what I'm in the process of making. I think I need to make 14 girl items. And 8 for the boys. I have 4 made in total! But here are some cute options. And you know me, I just do a quick Google Image search. So I don't have any real links for you...


These cute baskets are made out of fake flowers. And wire. Super cute, if I only had girl cousins. Or if I had another idea. For the boys. But this might be something, I come back to, for our Tea Party Fundraiser.


These bunnies are super cute! If I had any artistic ability. To draw the faces. I'd love to make some. And fill them with some sweet treats.


When I used to teach catechism, for the littles...I made these. Super fast and easy. And economical. If you are looking for a quick treat, this is one of my favs. I used a coupon, and bought the wooden beads. Used for the head. And I spray painted them. The rest is pom poms, little eyes, and the feet...I used wooden hearts. That I also spray painted.


OMG! These chicks are super cute. And had I seen them sooner, this would have been my 2018 Easter Treat! But I've already planted some seeds, in our egg cartons...

You could totally spray paint these. Or use acrylic paint. And then use a Sharpie to make the eyes. I would then fill them with chocolate candies. And glue them closed. :)


These bunny envelopes are super cute too! They've actually given me an idea, to make a crochet purse. I'll let you know, when I've figured them out. :)


These rabbits, cracked me up! Another cute and inexpensive treat. I'll be saving up my TP rolls for next year. I already have stacks and stacks of this polka dot felt. And it would be so easy, to fill these up. With treats, before gluing on the feet. 


I'm not really interested in the bunnies here. I like the carrots. They'd be adorable to use as decor. Maybe next year. Don't you think they're cute? In a little basket. Or spread over some fake grass.


I'm only interested in 2 items from this pic. The cute bunny garland. I recently saw a similar one. Made out of burlap. At JoAnn's...for $15. On sale! Crazy people. I think there were only 8 bunnies.

I want to make one for next year. With cute little cotton tails. Oh, I think that would be cute. The paper option, is also cute. But I'd still prefer the burlap one. Or even lace. That could be super cute!

I also like the sock bunnies. I saw something similar on Facebook. And thought they'd be cute. As decor. Maybe a little family of 3 or 5. In some cute pastel colors.


I saw these, and thought they were so cute! For Spring in general. Not just Easter. I think they'd make the perfect Hostess Gift. Or even, would be cute on the bathroom counter. I really want to make a set. It just takes some Mason Jars, twine, a Sharpie, some acrylic paint, and flowers!


I wouldn't use these for treats. More for decor. Or even a Hostess Gift. Making a bunch, and putting them in a glass bowl. They would look cute on a table top. Or in an entry way.


These guys are super cute too! I like the little glass candle holders. I think they'd be perfect for Spring. Or again, our Tea Party. I'm betting those bunny tails, are either a pom pom...or a marshmallow. In the last week, I've seen them make these Bunny Tails on at least 8 TV Shows!


These jars are my fav!!! About 10 years ago, I helped a friend make something similar. But with little Zoo animals. For her son's nursery. They were super easy to make! And so fun!

Then a few years later, I made some for my Goddaughter's nursery. You just have to save some jars. Or buy some. Then buy a pack of small animals, toy soldiers, or bugs. Whatever you want to put on top. Then spray paint all the "toppers" and lids. 

I used E6000, to glue them together. And we put little essentials in them. Cotton balls, cotton swabs, hair bows. As the kiddos have grown, they have become containers for toys and art supplies. 

But these would be cute to make. With bunnies, chicks, or even eggs as toppers. And then you could stick candy or cookies in them. Perfect for your kitchen. Or as a Hostess Gift.

What are you guys making this Easter? Is there anything I should be making? An Easter Craft that is really cute and fun? Let me know. I have a big family. And I'm always interested in making them little things. Oh, and I LOVE to decorate for the holidays! 

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment