Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What's Up Wednesday #3

It's that time again. You know, What's Up Wednesday time! When I try and put some direction in my life. Joking! But really, these sort of posts, help me to stay a little organized. With my life. :)


Would you like to join in, on all the fun? It's super easy! Just answer some questions, and link up!


Now let's get started! If you are also doing a WUW, please link it. Or leave a comment with your link. I enjoy reading these.


 1. What We're Eating This Week:
Have you taken a look at this post? From Monday. I'm super excited about Friday's dinner. Good Friday Torta...is in my top 5 meals of the year! And while Garcia's has a pretty good one...nothing compares to my Momma's. Nothing!


 2. What I'm Reminiscing About:
Gosh, lots of things. But mostly loved ones who have passed away. March is such a tough month. So many of our loved ones, have gone to be with the Lord. During March. We are always celebrating them and their anniversaries!


 3. What I'm Loving:
2018 has been all about taking better care of myself. And I just can't get enough of these face masks! At least once a week, I'm using one. And I'm still totally in love with them.


 4. What We've Been Up To:
That would have to be, getting ready for the 2018 Growers' Market Season. I have been going to meetings, checking emails, buying supplies, working on items, and trying to decide what Markets we will be attending. So much stuff, that people don't see. Mostly we've been working on items, for the shop. And deciding on our display. :)


 5. What I'm Dreading:
The MVD! Hands down. I HATE going to that place. And we need to go for 2 things. Renew the registration for our car. And I need my Driver's License. Ugh! I'm already having anxiety over the entire situation. Maybe I can convince my Mom to get her license early too!


 6. What I'm Working On:
Organizing our garden. We weren't going to do one this year. But I find this picture on Facebook, and it got me thinking. My Mom also wants something to do, while I work. So I need to find some pallets. I already bought some seeds. And we'll probably go buy some plants on Friday. Any suggestions?


 7. What I'm Excited About:
The 2018 Growers' Market Season. Opening Day for one Market is in just over 2 weeks. The other is in May. I don't feel prepared. At all! But I'm super excited to get back to it! We're cutting back this year. And probably only doing 2 Markets. We'll see...


 8. What I'm Watching/Reading:
I went to watch I Can Only Imagine with my Mom yesterday. It was so good! And I would highly recommend it to you. It was so inspirational. One of those movies, that when you leave the theater...you are so happy and thankful. Also, I'd recommend MercyMe's music. It's incredible!

As far as TV, I've been loving new shows like 911. Which I'm so sad, had it's Season Finale last week. And I've been loving The Resident. This show could easily be my favorite show on TV! And an oldie but goody...Grey's Anatomy. When this show leaves TV, I will be so sad!!!

I've been trying to do more reading. As always, I'm reading the Bible. But I've also been digging into a box of books. That my friend sent me. Currently I'm reading this book. Someone was telling me that it's a movie. But I don't know...


 9. What I'm Listening To:
Lots of things honestly. When it comes to music, I have ADD. But I've had my Rory And Joey CD on replay. For the last month! It just seems so fitting. For this Season in my Life. And for the Easter Season. It makes me cry, feel good, and sing...all day long! Definitely something I'd recommend.


10. What I'm Wearing:
I've actually been dressing up more. And by that I mean not only jeans...but actual dresses. I know. For someone that lives in sweats, that is pretty amazing! And like every Spring, I'm swooning over Old Navy's dresses. Every Spring, they have a big sale. And I try and pick up a few dresses when they are $10. Along with a nicer dress, for Easter. This one is for $15. And calling my name! I'm not sure what color I like most...the green, yellow, or white. 


11. What I'm Doing This Weekend:
All things Easter! Tomorrow and Friday, we'll attend Mass in the evening. Friday I'll drive my Momma to Tome. We'll walk from the highway to the hill. Because there is no way, she can make it up the hill. I might go for the climb. Depending on how my Mom is feeling. On Sunday, we'll be at Easter Sunrise Mass. And we'll spend the afternoon at a Family BBQ. That I'm super excited about. :)


12. What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
I don't think I've said it enough...in this blog post. The opening of the Albuquerque Downtown Growers' Market! I really enjoy the Market in general. And then we've made all these friends there. My Momma really enjoys getting out too. Oh, and we make some money for our little foundation. ALWAYS a good time! If you are local, stop by and check it out. We'll be there twice a month...all season long! The ABQDGM is open on Saturdays from 8-12PM, at Robinson Park.


13. What Else Is New:
Well, I'm looking for a part-time job. Something near our home. Because my Momma is not supposed to be left alone. I'm thinking of one of the nearby stores. Retail isn't that bad. And pretty flexible. Which is what I need. With her health issues and doctors' appointments.

I was also asked to start teaching a Crochet Class. At a local Craft Store. Which could be a lot of fun. And I'm going to start teaching more classes at the DOH. Maybe the hospital too. My schedule is about to get real full!


Bonus Question: What's Your Favorite Easter Tradition:
Mine would definitely be Easter Sunrise Mass. It feels so good to start off the celebrations, at Church. I LOVE going to Church during the entire Holy Week. It reminds me so much, of my childhood. And going to Church with my Nanie. But there is something about Sunrise Mass. On Easter Sunday. Alleluia!

That's it for my WUW. I'm off to go take our car for some routine maintenance. And I need to go get my documents, to renew my Driver's License. Please wish me luck! Maybe say a few prayers for me. And perhaps, I might sneak in some crafting. I needed to make about 20 little crochet items...before Sunday. Happy Wednesday!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment