Monday, March 26, 2018

My Favorite Food Week...During Lent

Do you ever have one those weeks? When you just aren't feeling life. That's me. This week. I don't feel well. I think I ate some bad food yesterday. As in, bad shrimp cocktail. My stomach has been killing me since last night!


Well, onto our week. It's a Holiday Week. So I'm pretty excited about that. That means, lots of fun this week. And tons and tons of yummy food! So my tummy better get in check!

Monday:
Probably nothing. Maybe I'll pick something up on the way home. Or just eat some soup.

Tuesday:
We're going to the movies with my cousin. So we'll probably go to Wendy's after. My Mom likes a good movie/Wendy's kind of date. 4 for $4...we're on our way!

Wednesday:
I'm thinking tuna patties with rice. Yum! We haven't had those in a long while! Do you ever eat tuna patties? I feel like those have been in staple, in our lives...since I was little. If I don't make rice, I'll make buttered herb noodles. Another yummy option.

Thursday:
Chicken and...I don't know. Chicken and pasta? Maybe a salad. I'm out of ideas here. Or maybe it's because I don't feel well. We'll have some sort of chicken dish though.

Friday:
That's easy! It's Good Friday. We always have torta. Do you know what torta is? Is it just a New Mexico thing? Not sure. Oh, and we don't use that recipe. We have our own. Would you like me to write up our recipe? And the recipes to all our sides? Let me know in the comments.

We always have torta with beans, fidellos, fresh tortillas, spinach, calabacitas. It's everything yummy...that I LOVE about New Mexico! And Lent! I can't wait until Friday!!!

Saturday:
Red chili enchiladas. Probably. We'll have leftovers from Friday. And we'll probably just make some cheesy enchis to go along with all the yummy leftovers!

Sunday:
This is super easy! Family BBQ!!! I'm on dessert duty. And quite excited about it. I'll be making some fruit salad, jelly bean bark, and maybe some Oreo bark. Yum! I can't wait!

Things I want to try this week. Oh, I don't know. I've been going through a ton of magazines lately. And watching so many YouTube videos! Right before bed. And then I literally dream of food. All. Night. LONG!

I have been dying to make this salad. During the summer, I had something similar at a local pizza place. And I've been dying to make this! This chicken also sounds yummy! With some Hawaiian macaroni salad. That might be Thursday's dinner.

A good friend of mine recently sent me 5lbs of jamaica. Nothing makes this gal happier, than jamaica tea! But 5lbs is quite a bit. Even if I drink this stuff daily. In the past I've made cookies, ice cream, and of course tea. But I was looking for a savory dish. When I came across this recipe. Totally worth a try! I also came across this No Mayo Tuna Salad. That would be good for lunch. And this yummy brisket recipe. I miss real Texas brisket! This is totally a cheater kind of recipe.

What's on your menu this week? Any recipes that I should try? I feel like I'm in a food rut. And would love to hear, all about what you are eating. Have a Great Week!

XOXO,
Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment